Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another book review...

Did another review for Christine, here's the link to it: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/2008/10/book_review_the_secret_life_of_2.php

This one was a fun romp through the life a snowbird from Idaho. The Secret Life of a Snowbird by Len Schritter.

Len has a great sense of humor and made me laugh several times as I wandered through his tales. I think you'd have fun reading it, too!

Check out the review, and, if it appeals to you, leave a comment here and send me an email to express interest. I'll be giving this one away, too.

YOU MUST SEND ME AN EMAIL SO I CAN FOLLOW UP TO GET YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO SEND THE BOOK. PLEASE COMMENT AND THEN EMAIL ME PERSONALLY AT info@bookfaerie.com . Google doesn't tell me who you are unless you have a profile set up...

4 comments:

Dottie said...

Read your review and would enjoy reading the book I'm sure.Hope I win!
I'll be back to your blog again now that I've found it.
Dottie

http//dottie0617.blogspot.com

Pamela Lee said...

As someone who is very close to retire age and who aspires to be a snowbird...I'm very interested in entering the drawing for this book.

I have spent time in Yuma AZ just people watching and taking in the life lessons of what to do/not do or wear/not wear when I become a snowbird.

I do have a leg up on this rapidly approaching stage of life...I already own 3 bingo daubers and have a sun hat that is ugly...uh...has character!

So you see I need to learn some of the finer points of being a snowbird...quickly!

Pamela Lee said...

As someone rapidly approaching retirment age and aspiring to be a snowbird I need this book.

I have spent time in Yuma AZ during the snowbird season (no - you can NOT shoot the snowbirds even if it is the season)just people watching and learning what to do/not do and what to wear/not wear when I reach that status.

I do have a slight leg up on this life stage as I already own 3 bingo daubers and a sun hat that is positively ugly...uh...meant to say a sun hat that has "character and charm"

Hope I win!

Unknown said...

I read your review, too, and think that this would be a fun read! I can only hope I'm the winner of this book. lol

I'll be visiting your blog often. I'd like to get into a home based business, too, and look forward to hearing more about how you got started, etc.

Keep up the good work!!

Threads That Bind by Kika Hatzopoulou

Descendants of the Fates are always born in threes: one to weave, one to draw, and one to cut the threads that connect people to the things ...