Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Holidays on Ice - David Sedaris

Mr. Sedaris writes stories filled with sarcasm, cynicism and a dark humor in them. This collection covers the holidays, and no one is having a very good time, LOL!

His writing style grabs your attention, some of his assumptions are outrageous, but the stories do have their charm.

If you liked the movie "Nightmare Before Christmas", I bet you'll like this book!

There are 12 stories, ranging from Dinah, the Christmas Whore to Jesus Shaves.

If you like dark humor and need a laugh before Christmas, this book is for you!

If you'd like my copy of this book, leave a comment here on the blog AND send me an email at info@bookfaerie.com and I'll put in the drawing for it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to read Sedaris! I would like to be considered for the giveaway, please!

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the "dark" humor and end up thinking to myself after reading some of it that I'd like to meet the mind that this came from! Holidays on Ice by David Sedaris sounds like one of those books. George Carlin wrote one that I still have on my bookcase.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a few Christmas's that I've experienced.Please consider me for this book.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my DH's kind of humor! Thanks for telling me about it.

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...