Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another Fun Children's Book: Duck's Not Afraid of the Dark by Ethan Long

This is a delightful book for young ones. I know I was afraid of the dark when I was small and this would have made me feel a bit better about the dark.

Duck says he's not afraid of the dark, but every time the light is turned off, he turns it back on!

The fun part is that there's a light switch on the book that the child can turn on and off as you read the story together. (It takes batteries.)

Poor duck is afraid of the dark because of the monster under his bed. When you lift the flap, you see it's his teddy bear.

So he cuddles his bear and manages to go asleep, even if it's dark...

I love this book!

2 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

Seems like a sweet book!

Anonymous said...

Right now, I have a little one, that is deathly afraid of the dark! This book, might be what we are looking for, so that her fears can be put to rest.
I've copied down the author's name, and the name of the book, too. I'll be looking for it, at my local bookstore.
Thank you so much, for such great reviews!
Donna in Minnesota

The Case of the Gilded Lies by Earl Staley Gardner

The ingredients were quite one middle-aged tycoon with a lovely young wife; one oh-so-apologetic visitor to the tycoon's office; one dev...