Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Listing books that were living on the floor in the shop...

When I sorted my personal library out and came up with books I decided I could part with, I had no place to put them! So I brought them out and put them in the shop area - on the floor between bookcases. That means if I sell a book out of a category in that area, I had to be real creative to get to the shelf to retrieve them. You ever play that game "Twister" where you had to put your hand or foot on whatever color came up when the arrow was spun? That's what this reminded me of!

I have listed cookbooks, Japanese Magna graphic novels, history books of Washington, reference books for plants and animals, children's books, and I have many more to list. Threw some crochet booklets in there somewhere, too. I'm just going through the piles, listing whatever I find!

I need to do my taxes, but listing is more fun. I'll need a day when I'm feeling real anal retentive to do taxes. I can practically list in my sleep...

Almost through with the Juvenile fiction review for Foreword Magazine. They have one more book they're sending me to read before I make my final choices.

George is getting better every day. He's taking this week off work to heal.

I've found something new to use for my eczema. It's an essential oil treatment a lady created for her business and I think I'll have to order some. When I do, I'll let you know what it is - right now I just have a sample bottle. I have tried various kinds of treatment (all over the counter) and nothing has worked on it. This stuff works!

The next door neighbors got an old car that's been sitting for some time running again. I heard him yahooing in excitement - must be a man thing.

Hope life is going well for you. I'll be listing again tomorrow, too.

If you have an interest in any particular category, let me know. I'll showcase you some books from my stock to see if I can tempt you to buy!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with your books! So glad to hear your brother is doing better, and that you're taking care of your health as well. Do let us know about that exzema treatment. I have something on my face that crops up now and then, right where my CPAP mask sits. The doctor thinks rosacea, family thinks exzema, I think it might be a combination of both. In any case, I've tried just about everything on it, and some things help a little, but I haven't found that magic cure yet. Tell George there's a Canuck book addict sending good thoughts his way!

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...