Thursday, October 29, 2009

9 Dragons by Michael Connelly

I've been reading Connelly's Harry Bosch books for years now, and he's never disappointed with any of his stories.

Harry Bosch is almost too human. He has his faults, sometimes he doesn't take the right action or respond in the right way, but it's his way and he means well for the most part. His life has not been all a bowl of cherries. He has his sorrows, his vices, and his own demons.

Despite all that, he's a good cop. He sometimes steps outside the lines of allowed behavior to get the criminal, but he doesn't worry about it.

This story begins with the suspicion that a Hong Kong triad has murdered a local store owner that Harry knows. But as the story escalates, there is more than one plot involved, and somehow he has to figure out the true reason the old man was shot.

In the meantime, someone near his own heart is in danger, and he is afraid that might also be the actions of the triad.

Harry still has his demons when the story ends, but you know there will be another story coming. There are still more cases in Harry's future. And more challenges in his personal life.

If you'd like my ARC of this book, please leave a comment here on the blog, and then email me at info NOSPAM @bookfaerie.com (take out the spaces and NOSPAM) and tell me why you'd like to read it. I'll choose a winner in about a week.

6 comments:

ccqdesigns said...

OH OH OH, Pick me!!! I would love to read your ARC!!! I have been drooling over this book......

Anonymous said...

This book sounds like a winner!

It would be a wonderful book, not only to read, but also to have on my shelf, to share with other readers!

Donna

SusanB said...

I love Michael Connelly. I think The Brass Verdict was one of my favorites. Can't wait to read this one.
susan.byerly@comcast.net

Ellen said...

This sounds like a book my husband would really enjoy. Please enter me.

Rae said...

Next to Alex Cross, Harry Bosch is my most favorite detective. This book is right down my alley!

shari said...

This sounds Ohhhh so good. I would love to read this.
jrichardson4638@bellsouth.net

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...