Friday, January 29, 2010

Lethal People by John Locke

This is an iUniverse book sent to me by the author. It's his first novel and is about Donovan Creed, a former CIA assassin. As might be expected, this story is fast paced and "hard boiled" even if that term isn't really in vogue anymore.

Donovan is tough, mean and afraid of no one.

He meets a woman he admires (even though he didn't want to) and when she asks him to come and meet the children she works with before they date, he accepts. And meets a little girl who has been very, very badly burned. He's OK with that, but he's not OK with the fact that she's the only survivor of her family and that the fire that killed the other family members appears to be suspicious.

He pokes around a bit and ends up stirring up a hornet's nest. The guy who ordered the hit is coming after him and wants him and anyone he cares about dead. However, Donovan has own little circle of weird friends with strange talents, and instead of retreating, he goes on the offensive.

It's fast paced, not so far fetched it's not believable, and you don't know for sure how it's all going to turn out - but you know not everyone is going to be alive at the end.

If you'd like my copy of this book, leave a comment here on my blog and email me at info NO SPAM @bookfaerie.com telling me why you'd like to read it and giving me your name and address for shipping. I'll pick a winner in about a week.

2 comments:

SusanB said...

This book sounds like it is down my alley. Would love to read it.
susan.byerly@comcast.net

John Locke said...

Jo Ann, that's about the best synopsis of my book I've ever heard! Thank you so much for sending me a copy of your giveaway program. If I can ever be of help to you in any way, please let me know. You've been really great to me, and I want you to know how much I appreciate you for taking the time to review my book and keep me informed. Take care, and have a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,
John

Black Magic Kitten by Sara Bourgeois

Kinsley Skeenbauer never thought she would go home. At seventeen, she’d left Coventry and didn’t look back. But after a messy divorce, she p...