Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Horns by Joe Hill

This book is NOT boring. I knew it was going to be something different when the lead character woke up with horns. This not normal...

If having horns wasn't enough to make him wonder what the hell had happened, he finds out that when he touches someone, they have to tell him what they are really thinking. This in not an enviable power. Who wants to know what warped thoughts folks are entertaining?

His life was bad enough before. The love of his life was raped and murdered by someone, and the police thought it was by him. There wasn't enough proof to find him guilty, but the community believed he was.

The only way he was going to clear himself is if he can find the real killer. He has no idea where to begin, but he's finding this "truth telling" talent he has is more of a hindrance than a help. It seems everyone was harboring secrets - most of which he'd rather not know!

Can he separate the wheat from the chafe and find the murderer? Or will the murderer find him first?

If you'd like my copy of this ARC, please leave a comment here on the blog and then email me at info @ bookfaerie.com (take the spaces out)and give me your name and address and tell me why you'd like to read it. I'll be choosing a winner in about a week.

4 comments:

SusanB said...

This does sound like a different type of book. However, I do love a good murder mystery. Thanks for the giveaway.
susan.byerly@comcast.net

Franie said...

OH this one sounds intriguing with the twist about waking up with horns.

Jude said...

This sounds very interesting, also very different than what I usually read. I think I would really enjoy reading this book.

Jude said...

I am shopping for a puppy. This really pulled at my heart strings. Thanks for the give away.

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...