Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Terror of Living by Urban Waite

Washington is a beautiful state.  Clear blue water rivers and lakes, mountains, it's a great state for backpacking and horseback riding.  But drug running?


Little Brown and Company of the Hachette Group provided me with an ARC of this book for review (thank you).  This book has been recently published in hardcover and is available for purchase at your local bookstore.


Mr. Waite's words bring to life the majestic mountains and other scenery of the North Cascades.  They also bring to life one of the most insane and nasty serial killers I hope I never meet.


A snoopy cop with baggage from his father finds an abandoned car on the North Cascades highway.  When no one returns to it, he decides to do a little exploring to see what happened to the driver.  What he finds instead is the beginning a long, deadly nightmare.


The killer is pure evil and has no conscience.  He just handles assignments.  When the deputy sheriff spoils a drug drop, he creates a situation where the monster is set loose to get the drugs back and take care of the damage.


No one is safe.  His characters are complex and multi-faceted, and the action begins rumbling in the first few pages and continues until the very last page.


I was amazed to see that this is the author's first book.  It's excellent.  I hope he's able to maintain the vision and style for future books.  He'll make your spine chill.  I highly recommend this book.


If you would like my ARC, please leave a comment here on my blog and then email me at info @ bookfaerie with your name and ADDRESS and the reason why you'd like to read it.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

1 comment:

SusanB said...

This book is just down my alley. Sounds like a good one based on your review.
SusanB

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...