Sunday, March 20, 2011

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe by Salina Yoon

My Mom and I used to say this rhyme when I put my shoes on while I was small.  Made no different if they buckled or not.  We'd recite it together and smile at each other...


Robin Corey Books has published this board for book for ages 0-3 and sent me a copy for review (thank you).  The author was born in South Korea and moved here at age 4.  She couldn't speak English then, but quickly learned.


This is a book of bright colors, windows in the pages to give it depth, with circus animals and geometric figures to help the child learn how to count.  Just the colors should keep your child returning to the book.  It's a delight for the eyes.


Why not visit your local bookstore and pick up a copy of an old rhyme represented in a brand new look?  Create some memories for your young one, too.


Happy reading!

No comments:

The Case of the Gilded Lies by Earl Staley Gardner

The ingredients were quite one middle-aged tycoon with a lovely young wife; one oh-so-apologetic visitor to the tycoon's office; one dev...