Friday, April 15, 2011

Haunting Warrior by Erin Quinn

Rory has always been independent and lived his own life.  He even left Ireland and moved to the states.  But you can never escape fate...


This is a book being published by Penguin under the Berkley Sensation imprint and I was lucky enough to get a copy for review (thank you).   It is currently available in your local bookstore, as is her first book, Haunting Beauty.   She has the third book in this series coming out soon.


Ms. Quinn's characters are larger than life.  They are strong, intelligent and willing to give up their lives for the ones they love.  She has some total scoundrels involved so it keeps the story fast paced and full of conflict.


I can honestly say I don't read a lot of romance.  Most of them are formulaic and not terribly entertaining to me.  This is NOT one of that type.  


The author has woven paranormal, time travel, and romance all together to create a tale that grabs your attention on the first page and pulls you through the book to see how it will end.  I found this an excellent read.  The story is complex and multi-faceted, covering several decades.  I read it in one day because I couldn't put it down.


I highly recommend this book.  And I'm keeping my copy.  If you want to read this fascinating story, visit your local bookstore and snag a copy.  You might want to get the first one, too...


Happy reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jotted several of these down to check out. Especially this one, since you are keeping your copy of this one! That is high praise indeed, no?
;)

Journey of a Bookseller said...

That's true! I read so many that only keep ones that really touch me in some way. This was one of those.

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...