Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Dog Needs Surgery by Steve Hockensmith

Corny as it sounds, the reason Mr. Hockensmith published this ebook is really because his dog needs veterinarian care.  Now if that isn't enough to motivate you to buy this collection of short stories and essays, I'll guess I'll just have to tell you how much I liked reading it and about my favorite story...

The author sent me a copy of his book for review (thank you).  You can get your copy at Smashwords or Amazon for 99 cents.

This is a mix of fiction and fact.  Mr. Hockensmith shares his thoughts about writing, shares some of his previously published stories, and throws in quite a mix of fiction.

My favorite story was a western titled:  Burl Lockhart's in Town.  It's short, mean and ironic.  That type of story appeals to me.

You'll also get to sample a Holmes on the Range mystery (I really loved that book!) as well as others.  The author uses a style of writing that appeals to me and there's always a little extra kick to his tales.  You can tell he thought about the stories a bit before writing them.

How can you go wrong?  For less than a buck you can get a copy of this ebook and sample his work.  I bet you'll find yourself picking up more of his books.  And it's all for a good cause.   Don't you have an animal you love?

Happy reading.

No comments:

Black Magic Kitten by Sara Bourgeois

Kinsley Skeenbauer never thought she would go home. At seventeen, she’d left Coventry and didn’t look back. But after a messy divorce, she p...