Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ten Rules for Living with my Sister by Ann M Martin

Did you grow up with a sibling?  I had a little brother.  He was SIX years younger than I was and a royal pain...

Fiewel and Friends sent me an ARC of this book for review (thank you).  It's being published this month, so check with your local bookstore to get a copy.

Ann M Martin is a well known children's author and I looked forward to reading her new book.  It's a lovely story about a small family that's filled with sibling rivalry and the challenge of transitioning a grandfather fighting Alzheimer's into an assisted housing unit.

I could really relate to this story because my brother and I fought about "staying on your side" in the backseat of the car.  He wasn't allowed in my room and I wasn't allowed in his.  The battles between these two sisters sounded real familiar.

We also had to transition my mother into assisted living a few years ago and sell her house.  Making a change is hard enough when they are well but when they are sick, it is worse.

Ms. Martin deals with these subjects tactfully and with good taste.  She also teaches the girls a few lessons on the way.  Her story is interesting and amusing.  I'm sure young ones will laugh at the sister's antics.  Why not get a copy of this and share it with your young reader?

I am giving away my copy of this ARC.  Please leave a comment here on my blog and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name AND address to be entered into the drawing.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading. 

No comments:

Black Magic Kitten by Sara Bourgeois

Kinsley Skeenbauer never thought she would go home. At seventeen, she’d left Coventry and didn’t look back. But after a messy divorce, she p...