Friday, October 21, 2011

The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa

I have read this entire series and this book is the best yet!

Harlequin Teen and Net Galley shared an ebook with me for review (thank you).  This book will be published on October 25th (my anniversary).  You can put it on your list and pick it up next week at your local bookstore.

I must confess I love fairy stories.  That is part of why my business name is the The Book Faerie.  As with all books, some of them are good and some of them are bad.  Ms. Kagawa's series is excellent.  She includes the evil that comes from the fae world (they have no feelings, no emotions, so whatever they do doesn't bother them) and not everyone makes it out alive, but that just makes the stories more realistic to me.  It's fantasy, but it feels real.

Ash has lost everything.  His first love, his kingdom, his title, his home and, even worse, he can't stay with the woman he loves because of the iron.  He has sworn to overcome that obstacle or die.  You aren't sure which way it is going to go.

His journey is long and hard, his friends are his enemies too, and no one can make it easier for him.  Even he isn't sure if he's strong enough to withstand the tests.

This is fast paced, has familiar characters, and I was still sitting in my chair rooting for my favorites.  Ms. Kagawa's writing makes you care.

I highly recommend this whole series.  And this book is the best in the series.  If you love a good fantasy, get these.  It may be written for teens, but I sure enjoyed it.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...