Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Murder by Joanne Fluke

Hannah Swensen is going to lose Norman if she doesn't fight for what she wants...

Kensington will be publishing this book in March, and sent me an ARC for review (thank you).  This character has her own series, but this is the first book I've read about her.  She's an enjoyable character!

This is very interesting twisted tale with interconnections that aren't obvious.  Ms. Fluke's characters are a tight family of Mom and girls that are willing to work together to help solve mysteries.  The mystery this time is why a musician in the hospital for a bus accident injury was knifed to death.  There is seeming no connection with the people in their small town and a transient band member.  But someone killed him...

I especially enjoyed the interplay between the girls and Mom. Everyone is very independent, very opinionated and they are all passionate about chocolate.  Chocolate will comfort you when you're upset, stimulate your brain for thinking, and it just tastes good generally.

It's a good mystery with lots of intrigue, Hannah's love interest, and lots of recipes to make your mouth drool.  You can even make the goodies to enhance your future reading sessions.  What more could you want?

If you'd like to win my ARC, please leave a comment here on my blog and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your NAME AND ADDRESS and tell me why you'd like to read it.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading.

5 comments:

Shan said...

This is definitely a book that's right up my alley: cinnamon chocolate and murder. Does life get any better?! Can't wait for this book to come out, especially since I really haven't been in to reading for a while. This is going to be a nice treat for me!!

Journey of a Bookseller said...

Now send me an email, Shan, and I'll enter you in the contest to win my copy!

Cate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cate said...

Your review is making me want to read the Cinnamon Roll Murder, even though after her last novel, I almost threw in the towel on her books. I really want to see if the twist ending from last time gets resolved. Thanks for the contest, emailing you my info now! Thanks!

Julie said...

I'd love to read this book! I adore Joanne Fluke's mysteries and look forward to reading them over my spring vacation and (of course) trying out a recipe or two. Thanks for the giveaway, Jo Ann!

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...