Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Someone Bad and Something Blue by Miranda Parker

Angel Crawford reminds a bit of Stephanie Plum.  She's a bounty hunter, finds herself caught between an attraction to two men, and she's rough and tough and still seems be in trouble a lot.

Dafina, a division of Kensington Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It will be published at the end of this month. The first book in this series was "A Good Excuse to Be Bad" and I missed that one.  This one reads fine alone.

It was just what I needed:  a fun rumble in the jungle with cool characters and plenty of action.  Angel is supposed to be getting ready to be in a wedding and she's busy running after a killer.  After all, her fiance's murder is still unsolved and she thinks she knows who the killer is.  But that doesn't go well with wedding plans.

This is a story full of family, lots of drama, a couple of romantic interests, and murder.  It reads fast, keeps your attention and makes you laugh at times.  It also snags your interest enough I'm already looking forward to the next book in the series.  After all, which hot male is going to win the contest to get Angel's heart?

Happy reading.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jo Ann, thanks so much for the nice review. I really appreciated it and am tickled you liked SOMEONE BAD and SOMETHING BLUE. :)

You won't believe this, but I didn't know who Janet Evanovich was until after my book was contracted. I had never read a Stephanie Plum book until my editor mentioned it. Now I'm trying to catch up. A lot of books to read. lol

Journey of a Bookseller said...

That's ironic, isn't it? I only did that comparison to help draw more readers to your series.

I think Angel kicks butt and can't wait to read another in this series.

Unknown said...

No problem. Marketing and Sales at my publisher added her in the sales literature, too. I could kick my head for not knowing about her books sooner.

Journey of a Bookseller said...

No need to feel bad you hadn't run across those books before. I find we almost always learn something new every day...

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...