Sunday, July 8, 2012

Killer Critique by Alexander Campion

Like French food?  Like murder mysteries?  This book is for you!

Kensington Books sent me an ARC of this book for review.  It has been published and you can get a copy at your local bookstore.

Capucine is back again in a tale of exquisite French cuisine and dead restaurant critics.  Sometimes it's just not safe to give a bad review...

This was a strange little tale.  Capucine loves high fashion and expensive shoes; she even chases criminals in them.  Her husband is an excellent chef that writes critiques. They know those who died as well as the suspects.

Capucine is getting nowhere in her investigation and more people are dying.  In frustration, she goes even further afield in search for the truth.  This part was a bit far-fetched to me, but I've never visited Paris.  Perhaps what was suggested is common there.

The author does twist the tale even more as a trap is set for the killer.  You'll have to read the story yourself to find out just what the twist was.

If you'd like to have my ARC of this book, leave a comment her on my blog and email me at info at bookfaerie.com with your name and address and why you'd like to read this book.  I'll pick a winner in about a week.

Happy reading.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

I love murder mysteries.

ChristyJan said...

This sounds like an entertaining cozy mystery to read on a hot summer day.
Please enter me to win.

Shan said...

You definitely can't go wrong with a mystery, and french food unless of course you don't give the review they are looking for!! Definitely sounds interesting.

May I just say you do an amazing job or your reviews...you make me want to read every book!!

Journey of a Bookseller said...

Thanks, Shan. That's my goal!

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...