Saturday, August 18, 2012

Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction by Carrie Ryan (Edited by)

Witches, demons, horror, love, hate and death linger in these pages.  Only turn the cover on this book if you're sure you're ready for this journey...

Delacorte Press and Edelweiss allowed me to download a copy of this ebook for review (thank you).  This book will be on sale August 28th.

This an eclectic group of stories written by fourteen different authors.  The taste of each story is different.  In some cases, I rushed right into the next story to get rid of the taste of the last story.  Horror or bad endings will do that to me. I did pick some favorites to highlight.  This is small list and by no means the only stories I liked.  It's just a bit to tantalize you and perhaps let you see some of the contents in advance.

Gentlemen Send Phantoms is a gentle tale of sweet love with a touch of paranormal.  Laini Taylor does nice job of blending fear and superstition into a quest for love.

The Chosen One by Saundra Mitchell was wonderful.  The story is filled with action and ends on a high note.  It's true that love is blind.

Fate by Simone Elkeles also caught my eye and my interest.  This is tale of love in unexpected places.

None of these tales will bore you.  Most will intrigue you.  Why don't you read the book and tell me which tales you liked best?  I'd love to see if our interests are the same.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Bizard and the Big Bunny Bizness by Chrissie Krebs

When Bizard the Bear Wizard’s friends decide to try to help him grant wishes, it turns out that two magic wands are so much worse than one. ...