Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tiger In My Soup by Kashmira Sheth

Babysitting your little brother is no fun for a big sister.  It's not much fun for the little brother either...

Peachtree Publishers and Net Galley let me read this story for review (thank you).  It will be published the first of April, so look for it at your local bookstore then.

I love the house Jeffrey Ebbeler created for this story.  It has steps up and is on top of a rock right off shore.  I could live there!  I was a big sister and my little brother drove me nuts so I could relate to this story.  

He wants his sister to read him a story.  She's reading her own book and keeps putting him off.  When she makes him lunch, he decides to read it himself.  He has a very good imagination and he's soon fighting for his life with this tiger.  His sister doesn't notice that, but she does notice he's let his soup get cold and reheats it.  She also agrees to read his story to him.  But is the tiger really gone?

Happy reading.  

No comments:

Goliath and the Gang by David Whittet

Aaron was just five years old when they took his mother away … Raised by his aunt after losing his mother, he’s bullied by his uncle and to...