Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Wrigley Riddle by David A Kelly

Mike and Kate are back in Ballpark Mysteries #6.  Is there treasure in the ivy?  Someone thinks so.

Random House sent me a copy of this Stepping Stone book to read for review (thank you).  It has been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.  

Each mystery is set in a different ballpark.  These are written for ages 6-9 and they are fun to read.  Mike and Kate are always competing against each other.  They each have their own strengths, so they take turns winning.

Baseball was my favorite sport when I was young.  We could play with three people:  batter, pitcher and outfielder.  Sometimes it was impossible to do three bases, so we made do with less.  I do remember how mad my Mom was when we used cow patties for bases and I slid into one while wearing my white Easter dress.  I thought I wasn't going to survive that!

Anyway, that's why these stories amuse me.  They are playing ball on professional fields and solving odd mysteries.  That would have been like my ultimate dream when I was young.

See if you can figure out what folks think is hidden in the ivy and how Kate and Mike figure the mystery out.  It's a good story.

Happy reading.   

No comments:

Black Magic Kitten by Sara Bourgeois

Kinsley Skeenbauer never thought she would go home. At seventeen, she’d left Coventry and didn’t look back. But after a messy divorce, she p...