Monday, July 29, 2013

Treecat Wars by David Weber, Jane M. Lindskold

A new world that has cats with six legs that can communicate with their person grabbed my attention as I read their synopsis.  I'm a cat person; I had to read this book.  This is the third book in this series and concludes the trilogy.  I had no trouble reading this as a stand alone book but it you like reading the books in order, grab them all and get started.

Baen Books and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this ebook for review (thank you).  This book will be published in October, so go ahead and read the others while waiting.

Stephanie has her own treecat.  They bonded while fighting forest fires to save both human settlements and the treecat's homes.  The fires are out, life is settling down, and Stephanie has a love interest.  When the opportunity to go school on another developing plant arises, she's torn.  She doesn't want to leave Anders but she also doesn't want to miss this opportunity.  Anders sends her on her way, trying to ignore the pain in his heart.

Stephanie and Karl do well in the classes while Jessica and Anders try to figure out what is going on with the treecats.  It seems the various "tribes" of cats don't want to share their land with those burnt out.  It's mostly a matter of how much food there is, but there is one rogue in the mix who is willing to start a war.  In addition to trying to help the treecats, Anders finds himself starting to fall in love with Jessica.  Could things get anymore complicated?

This was interesting tale with a fascinating new world and a new breed of cats.  I enjoyed the tale and wish the author would write one more in this series.  I'd like to see where Stephanie goes from here.  I also have the feeling that she might hook up with Karl.  I guess I can "write" my ending to the series if the author doesn't.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...