Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tyringham Park by Rosemary McLoughlin

It all began with the disappearance and probably death of baby Victoria.  She was in the baby carriage taking a nap.  The next time her mother checked she was gone.  No trace was of her was found...

Atria Books sent me a copy of this book for review (thank you).  It was published in February, so check out your local bookstore for a copy.

There is enough family drama in this book to make three novels.  Charlotte was eight when her baby sister went missing.  She lives in a family without love and has an abusive nanny.  Her mother wishes she was the one that died.  Her father doesn't live at home, he's on assignment.  And the nice housekeeper can't help her.  The sad part is her life never gets any better.

This tale makes me realize how very lucky in life I was to have the family I did.  Love was given by all, owies got kissed to make them better, and everyone supported me in life by believing in me.  Charlotte is denied all that and becomes a warped personality.  Her mother and the nanny were the same type.

This dysfunctional family leaves a sea of devastation around them.  The story is filled with loss and sadness.  The sadness is only for themselves, not for anyone they hurt along the way.

I have to admit the ending startled me.  I wasn't expecting what happened.  And it seemed to be an appropriate ending for those involved.

If you like greedy, conniving people with lots of drama, this book is for you!

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...