Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Out of the Blue A Book of Color Idioms and Silly Pictures by Vanita Oelschlager

Here are some more idioms that will amuse your child!

Vanita Books and Net Galley allowed me to read this book for review (thank you).  It's been published, so check with your local bookstore for a copy.

The sayings range from tickled pink to a red letter day.  My favorite is green with envy because the deer in the illustration turns green!

What makes this a nice book for young ones is that it defines what they sayings mean, shows where they came from, and also how to use them in a sentence.  I used to pester my mother about why she said those things.  She'd have to explain them to me.  Here's an easy way to do it with no pressure on anybody.

Happy reading.  I'm sure you'll be tickled pink!

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...