Monday, September 29, 2014

The Possible Police by Wylde Scott

This book is colored with dreams and positive thoughts.  Has anyone ever said no to your dreams?

Wylde Press and Net Galley allowed me to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published October 15th, so be sure to grab a copy then.

The story is done in rhyme and pictures a young child in bed thinking about what to do tomorrow or with the rest of his life.  In march these big policemen all in blue and official looking and forbidding.  They say the child cannot do what he's dreaming about.

I have actually had this happen to me in life.  I got a lot of you won't be any good at that because you're a girl (versus being a boy, a much more important being).  My father told me he wouldn't pay for me to go to college because I'd just get married and have babies anyway.  I finished my college degree at 40 years of age, retired from a career as finance director, and never had any children.  I did get married, though.  Never let anyone tell you that you can't do it.  All that does is make me try harder.

This author expresses that concept in a more laid back dream environment written for small ones.  It's done a non-confrontational manner.  The boy ignores the naysayers and follows his dreams.  That's what we all need to do in life.

No comments:

Benjamin Impossible by Timothy Root

It’s NOT EASY being the smartest 12-year-old in the world! Benjamin Impossible is a genius, kung fu master, and winner of the Franklin Count...