Friday, October 23, 2015

The Sandman: Overture Deluxe Edition by Neil Gaiman, JH Williams III (Illustrated by)

When I was much younger, I found the Sandman graphic comics in Powell's bookstore in downtown Portland, Oregon.  I emptied my wallet and brought them home with me.  I didn't come up for air until I had read them all.  The Sandman and his sisters are all deep and dark characters.  Neil says they remind him of his dreams.  Those had to have been nightmares!

Vertigo and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published November 10th, so you can grab a copy then.

My mind doesn't travel where Neil's does and I often get confused and mixed up during his tale telling.  The graphics are very colorful and feel 3D, so the artwork can carry you along.

This tale goes through history, worlds and galaxies and lost loves.  You see all the major players from the original series.  It's a bit like visiting with an old friend.  Except this character is not necessarily a good friend.

If you've read the other Sandman stories, you'll want to read this one.  If you haven't, taste this one and see if it talks to you.  It still talks to me all these years later.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...