Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Alive in Shape and Color by Lawrence Block

Sixteen famous paintings and the stories they created are the basis for this anthology.  When I took Creative Expression in high school that was one of the ways our teacher had us write stories.  She'd put up about twenty pictures and she'd say, "Take a look at them and write the story you see."  It always amazed me when someone chose the same picture and had a totally different vision than I did.  Some of the visions in this book are amazing, too.

Pegasus Books sent me an ARC of this book to read for review (thank you).  It will be published December 5th.

My favorite story is "A Significant Find" by Jeffrey Deaver.  Some people will do anything to get even.

I also enjoyed "The Great Wave" by S J Rozan.  Part of it is that I love that painting and part of it is I understand how awful it is to be controlled by someone.

None of the stories are bad, there are several good stories.  Stories talk to me more than artwork does so I found this to be a good read.  You'll not only see interesting artwork, you'll have interesting stories to enjoy.

No comments:

Drag and Rex Forever Friends by Susan Lubner

Meet Drag and Rex, the sweet, silly best friends who find joy and adventure in the simplest places in this charming and cheery modern Frog a...