Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Long Arm of the Law by Martin Edwards

This is classic collection of short stories done by well established authors.  I recognized some names and knew I'd enjoy reading this book.  I was right.

Poisoned Pen Press and Edelweiss gave me the opportunity to read this book for review (thank you).  It will be published January 2nd.

There's a lot of brainwork involved in these stories.  There aren't many clues, most of them have alibis, and they all appear to be unfortunate accidents or suicide.  Never underestimate the detectives.  They didn't get to the rank that they did by being stupid.

My favorites here were done by authors I read long ago and they still stand up to the test of time:

The Silence of P C Hirley by Edgar Wallace.
The Undoing of Mr Dawes by Gerald Verner.
The Chief Witness by John Creasey.

There's deducting of the best quality and some bluffing in these stories and they're great fun to read.  Give it a try!

No comments:

The Case of the Gilded Lies by Earl Staley Gardner

The ingredients were quite one middle-aged tycoon with a lovely young wife; one oh-so-apologetic visitor to the tycoon's office; one dev...