Saturday, May 12, 2018

Harry's Trees by Jon Cohen

Harry loves his trees.  He knows all their Latin names and he lusts over getting another for his collection.  That's why his wife is standing there waiting for him on the way to the movie.  And that's why the freak accident gets her.

MIRA sent an ARC of this book to read for review (thank you).  It will be published June 12th.

This was a different read.  There's Harry grieving for his wife and hiding in the woods and there is a young woman searching for her Dad.  She sees Harry but avoids him.  As time goes on, they get a bit more comfortable about each other but not about death.

This story drug on a bit for me.  Don't repeat sequences again and again.  It loses my interest.  I prefer conversations around the dinner table.  I also prefer pleasant conversations.  Even at the end I wasn't quite sure what I thought.  Give it a read and tell me.

No comments:

The Jungle Crew by Emma Scott

Making new friends is a wonderful thing. Should you have a lot in common with your new friend? Do you have to look the same? What happens wh...